Monday 5 June 2017

Juvenile Arthritis Life Hacks

I will never let my chronic illnesses stop me from living my life.

I'll always attend celebrations or meetings no matter how much pain I'm in or fatigued I am. 

Since founding Kids Arthritis I've received many messages full of questions from children, their families and carers who finally have somewhere and someone to turn to for support. 
Many of these questions have been in relation to my experiences living with Juvenile Arthritis among other chronic illnesses. 
This month I've created my list of Juvenile Arthritis Life Hacks.

Medication and health conditions list.
This is helpful for many reasons. If you're in an accident and medical help needs to know these quickly, hospital treatment stays or if you require care from someone at your home who needs to be aware of this. Keeping it on the fridge, car, bag or anywhere in easy reach is a essential I believe when living with a chronic illness.

Office Chair as a Wheelchair
You'll never think of it the same.

Lists, Lists, Lists
The thing with this though is that it has too be done the night before as the next morning your body could be riddled with pain and stiff joints that just don't want to move. Having a plan of action for the next day is always a positive thing to stay motivated and focused.

Finally, Asking for help.
I've placed it last as it's the one I want you to remember the most. Asking for help doesn't make you any less capable of that job or task. We all need a little help from time to time in our lives. Whether it's washing the dishes, catching a bus to work or simply needing a listening ear. We all need to help ourselves, but help others when they need it too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment