Monday 8 February 2016

Joint Swelling and Juvenile Arthritis

People who don't have Juvenile Arthritis find it hard to understand what it is actually like having swollen joints. 

I am not only talking about the actually joint but what it does to my body.

To put it simply, it screws everything up.

Living with a hidden disease is hard as I've said many times before but what makes it harder is that you are trying hard and volunteering my life to supporting children living with Arthritis and my joints just keep getting in the way.

This is my third month of elbow swelling and this isn't unusual at all. What is unusual is that it's only happening in one joint. This is not normal but I'm very happy that this is the case currently.

When a joint in mu body swells up it first creates stiffness. Due to this stiffness that I have in my elbow currently I am unable to brush by hair or even wash my hair without funny head movements that lucky I'm the only one that can see. 

 With that stiffness becomes horrible pain. This pain isn't the sort of pain that you get with a paper cut or a broken bone, it's the sort of pain that NEVER LEAVES YOU ALONE!
It's always there and even with pain killers it still just doesn't leave!

If these two things stick around long enough along come the tiredness. My body at this stage is usually fighting against itself even more and getting really confused and my body just has enough and wants me to sleep ALL THE TIME.

With this tiredness like normal tiredness, you become "cranky" but what happens to me when that happens?

LUPUS! Yes the wonder other autoimmune disease that I have. 

Lupus kicks in and that is when it's very hard to control. (Read my other blog to learn more about my Lupus)

When I was a young child and living with swollen joints for most of the year I didn't suffer with Lupus as well. This is why being 22 years old and getting a swollen joint is worse, but I will always keep smiling and supporting children living with Arthritis.

Until next time,

Keep smiling as you never know whos day you'll brighten.


No comments:

Post a Comment