Monday 11 July 2016

The Beginning of a Changed World.

This photo of Tahila cuddling Arthur the Arthritis Bear taken by the wonderful Kids Arthritis Media Man, Rhys. Reminds me of how that one moment that someone actually listened to me about my Juvenile Arthritis struggles, is now helping so many others just like me. 

I had to create a movie looking back at how far not only Kids Arthritis had come in the past two years, but myself. From humble beginnings getting three supporters and myself around a table to discuss a way to create awareness. To a National Launch that attached not only local Identities, but community members from all over Australia together in one place. Not to mention a whole radio show on Hills Radio devoted to the world changing evening, with interviews from children, parents and community members all sharing in the cause.

We have now been named a fastest growing non for profit in our area. Offering more programs and holding more events in our first year of official operation than most other organisation of our age. This gives me great pride, as each day I awake no matter how much pain I'm in or fatigued I may be, to change the way the world views Arthritis. 

To some this is a huge fate, but to me, it's my life and will always be my life. The children I come in contact everyday all have one thing in common besides living with Juvenile Arthritis, that is; SUPPORT. 

Kids Arthritis is Australia's First organisation solely dedicated to supporting Children living with Arthritis. I know it's hard when you've lived an isolated life where you think no one understands about your child's disease, that someone or even a organisation out there really cares this much.

Well we do! We care about how your child feels, what's going on in their lives now and in the future. Not only that but, you as parents, grandparents and friends. What it feels like for you. Kids Arthritis Australia is here to help. We have parents, friends, children and professionals who live with Juvenile Arthritis everyday for you to talk to. We're all volunteers and are in it for you not for the money. We want to help and support children, their families and carers living with Juvenile Arthritis in any way possible.

If I read this ten or fifteen years ago, I would jump on the opportunity for a healthier and better life surrounded by others just like me, living just like me. If you're reading this now and know a child living with Juvenile Arthritis, please don't be ashamed to seek support from myself at Kids Arthritis Australia as we are here for you everyday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment