Monday 15 August 2016

Driving with Uveitis

Living with severe Juvenile Arthritis has it's problems.

Never ending pain, stiffness that just doesn't go away, constant reliant on medication, I could go on..

Driving is one of those things that most people take for granted. 

Need more milk or bread? Just jump in the car and drive to the shops.

Got to pick up your friends from the work function? Just jump in the car and pick them up.

In the above two scenarios I've mentioned two of the problems I have l have living with Juvenile Arthritis.

You can never just "jump in the car' to get something. If having Juvenile Arthritis was that easy you'd all want it. Especially at night time it's the hardest. 

Driving to and from my weekly radio show is a problem I have especially during the winter months, as by the end of the show it's pitch black!

Living in a small country town doesn't make it any easier due to the lack of public transport, sorry, no public transport at hours that anyone would want to use it. 

I'm very lucky to have some sight in my left eye and each time I drive I'm grateful for the privilege.

No comments:

Post a Comment