Sunday 1 November 2015

I have hobbies too..

When I was 15 I took part in work experience at a local community radio station and at this time I had taken myself off Prednisolne and was quickly loosing weight that had been gained through this.
My passion for radio all started because of my Arthritis. At 12 years of age I was asked to have an interview on the SA Radio network ABC. From the moment I walked into the radio studio, it could see myself really liking this. Then when we were on air it just flowed so naturally and this is where the passion sparked.

If you have read my other blogs you will see time and time again that I don't look up to anyone or idolise anyone as I am my own hero, but in a radio sense. Peter Goers is the inspiration. When I am driving after 7pm only in the lighter months, you will hear his radio show bursting from my car.
I describe his shows to others as an old fashion type of program, which I love.

From my work experience it lead me to beginning a youth show on that very station and after 6 long years it was time to move on to bigger things in the industry.
Hills Radio was where just recently as a 21 year old created "Life Bursts" a show where my host and I bring a burst of peoples lives through the air waves to you.
Other radio shows interview people about their work and their job position but at Life Bursts it's all about where you came from and why you love life, which I find really interesting.

Radio is fun as a hobby as I get to meet new people and talk all I want as I produce and host the show with Matt my other host. We get along so well and couldn't ask for a better person to spend 2 hours in a room with each Wednesday afternoon. The passion flows from us both as we work as a team to do what we both love, radio.

Having Arthritis doesn't stop me from doing what I love and neither should things in life that you think are too hard stop you. Yes sometimes it's hard but just remember all those wonderful, pain free moments in your life and everything will be just fine.


Until next week,

Just keep smiling, as you never know who's day you'll brighten.

No comments:

Post a Comment