Wednesday 4 November 2015

What is Family?

I come from a small country town where everyone knows everybody and on the eve of my 22nd birthday I thought I'd tell you a bit more about my family.

When you internet search 'Family' the following appears from Wiki:
"In the context of human society, a family (from Latinfamilia) is a group of people affiliated by consanguinity (by recognized birth), affinity (by marriage), or co-residence (as implied by the etymology of the English word "family"[1]) and/or shared consumption (see nurture kinship). Members of the immediate family includes spouses, parents, brothers, sisters, sons and/or daughters."

Family to me is everyone I am close to, the people who you can just pop over and have a cuppa with at any time. The people you have over for lunch and dinner. Those people that sometimes you don't mind if they're still over when the party has finished.

With my 22nd birthday coming up next week I have invited my family to help celebrate with me in a way that we do best. Over a lovely meal cooked that will be cooked with love by my father.
My father makes the best Weekend pancakes in whatever shape you want and chocolate moose with sprinkles. 
My mother who is always looking out for me with my Arthritis and there to take me to any appointments that I need. My younger brother who helps me with any computer or programming problems and I know is up for a game of COD at any time. (Call of Duty for those who don't know). 
My Great Auntie who is sisters to my now deceased Grandmother, and creates the most delicious pavlova. My Uncle who loves working on the farm but always has time to recreate my grandmothers famous slow cooked rice pudding that we all love! 
My other Uncle who when he isn't out fishing brings us his freshest fish. My Auntie who always giving me the latest copy of her English magazines so I can catch up with all the latest English gossip. 

Finally my boyfriend, who I never thought I'd ever find. Who understands what pain and suffering I deal with everyday and still helps me smile. His wonderful mother and brother who accepted me into their family. 
There's more to my family like our next door neighbours who we spend Sunday Night Family dinners with and so many more in my little country town. 

Family to everyone is something different, full of different people of different ages but we all have something in common. That is that we all care for one another.

Until next week,

Just keep smiling as you never know who's day you'll brighten.


No comments:

Post a Comment