Wednesday 16 December 2015

There's more to Sarah

As you have read in other posts (if you haven't read any others, you now have to) I do more than just Kids Arthritis.

I come from a community minded family. For as long as I can remember Monday nights dad has always attended Country Fire Service volunteer meetings. Since I turned 17 years old and my Arthritis became easier to manage my mum has been volunteering with the elderly through community activities on a full time bases. My brother has always been apart of Country Fire Service Volunteer Cadets, so that one day he can be a volunteer like dad as well. 

Then there's me.

From the age of 12 years old I have volunteered with the local Kids Club. I first started as the dish washer then moved to not only becoming apart of the team but organising and running the games. These days I organise and present the story and help with craft creation all still part of the same team. This is something I have always enjoy as I love helping children grow and develop. I have done my days of childcare work and realised it just wasn't for me.

Life Bursts on Hills Radio is another passion and hobby of mine. When people ask what I do in my off time they are shocked that one of my hobbies is being on the radio. As I have mentioned before in another blog post. I find radio not only fun but rewarding, as I get to meet new people every week and hear a Burst of their Lives with the help of Matt.

I have fun every Monday transforming people's lives through health and fitness. If you have watched any of the Sarah Talks videos you will know all about this. 
When I was younger the physiotherapist would give me a new exercise sheet every monthly visit and ask the same question. 

"Will you do your exercises this month Sarah?"

My answer would always be.

"Yes, of course"

Why did I lie? Why couldn't I just tell her how I really felt?

Growing up in a world where people don't know that Children live with Arthritis is hard, so it was hard for me to speak up and tell her the reason why I wouldn't do my exercises. (Now you have to check out my videos to find the answer: www.youtube.com/pranks4kidsarthritis)

So from being a child who didn't enjoy exercise to someone who one day said;
"Mum can you please take me to become a Personal Trainer?"
Was a huge shock to everyone around me who know how bad my Arthritis really was.

Now I inspire my wonderful clients each week with the battles I went through just to be here, and for all of you who are now asking. Yes I do enjoy exercise, I now do it every morning just to unstiffen my joints for the rest of the day.

There is more to me than just 'That Girl with Arthritis' rather I am a women of all trades who loves just being helpful in my community.

Until next week,

Keep Smiling as you never know who's day you'll brighten.



























No comments:

Post a Comment