Wednesday 9 December 2015

This week Sarah is dairy intolerant.

This weeks post gets its name from Rhys from RawCutAU. This guy does so much for Kids living with Arthritis I swear he gets sick of my voice because of all the editing he does for the videos.

For the last couple of months when I have had my late morning dose of caffeine, all thanks to the reoccurring Lupus that just doesn't want to give me a break. I have felt quite sick afterwards and sometimes it wouldn't stay down, rather come back up again.

When you have Arthritis doctors sometimes can not give you an answer. You can spend hours having tests done to get back the results you knew you were going to get. After a life of wasting hours doing this, I now sometimes try to find out the matter before going to see a doctor.

On this occasion I knew that milk upset me but wasn't sure whether all dairy would have the same effect, so when my friends went out for pizza. I joined them to see how the dairy in pizza would effect me. Same reaction as the milk but this time it actually stayed inside me.
I tried different dairy and came to the conclusion that the Arthritis has changed my immune system once again and now Soy Milk is my best friend. 

As I do at Kids Arthritis we are open and share with one another what is going on in our lives. 
It was a Wednesday and it was filming day for #Pranks4KidsArthritis and Rhys was pouring coffees as he usually does. Before it came to mine I had to interrupt him and pour soy milk into mine rather than dairy milk. I explained to him the story I have just told you and this is how the title for this weeks post came about. 

Having Arthritis doesn't just effect your joints but sometimes your internal organs as well. All Arthritis medications are designed to alter the child's body to help it keep their disease under control. If you ever do experience any unusual feelings even if you don't have Arthritis, please speak with a doctor. I have had Arthritis long enough that if something isn't right, I will try and fix it within reason and then head to the doctor, because if I didn't I should live in a hospital.

So to Rhys who not only volunteers his time support Children living with Arthritis but to a dear friend who is a listening ear and a laughing companion, thank you for all that you do. You really are someone special.

Until next time,

Keep smiling as you never know who's day you'll brighten. 





No comments:

Post a Comment